Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Xmas festivities

IMG_0025

This Christmas was notable for us because Joseph is so much more aware.  All the typical traditions seem to mean much more, and we therefore are doing many more of them!  Setting out snacks for Santa and the reindeer was very exciting for J.  He wrote Santa, choose the snacks (there were chocolates too, but someone had already eaten them by photo time), and then told me to write thank you!

 

 IMG_0005

Christmas Eve I also decided was a good time to finally finish making stockings for everyone. 

  IMG_0031

All set!!! I have never ever made such a production out of Christmas and I am pretty sure my family never did either.  I actually had presents wrapped way ahead of time (mostly because that was the only way to keep Joseph out of them).  We have never done stockings of our own before.  Lots of fun!  I also must say how much I enjoy the Christmas tree tradition—it’s perfect decorating for me: a piece of beautiful green (and free) nature with lights and lots of homemade accents.  We just took it down and I miss it.

IMG_0044 IMG_0045

Joseph woke up very excited at 5:15 and we decided to let him go right down and open his stockings for the special occasion. 

 IMG_0048 IMG_0054

By 7 we were at Grandma and Grandpa’s for more Christmas fun!

 IMG_0058 IMG_0061 - Copy  IMG_0073 IMG_0077

In the afternoon we headed to Lincoln for the Shattuck family party.

 IMG_0082 - Copy IMG_0083 - Copy 

It was pretty rockus at times, but so much fun!

 IMG_0084

Joseph and I like to spend the night so mom can party all night (this time I actually was in the early to bed crowd).  J went right to sleep after a night-night story from adored cousin Charlie. 

 IMG_0088

It’s so nice to have a relaxed day at the cabin with family.

IMG_0097 - Copy IMG_0100

The snow was perfect for outdoor adventures.  First J got a ride from Uncle Marc and then he tried out his very own skis!!!

 IMG_0101

Part of learning ;-)  He actually had a very good attitude about this.

 IMG_0102 - Copy

One ski wouldn’t stay on so he fiddled around on the other.  He seemed surprisingly into it though so I may work on getting him more skiing experience.  Marc then took him sledding and I got time for a great ski of my own!

IMG_0118

 IMG_0119 - Copy

We also tried out Troy’s snowshoes, which didn’t last long.  I never loved them either, but maybe we will have to give them more of a try.  It is really great to get out and play in the winter!

 IMG_0123

On the way home we stopped by for a visit with the Wells in their new home.  Joseph and Ceira had fun making us all some yummy cookies!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers