What I am going to miss most about being pregnant:
- The amazing feeling of creating life. What could be more exciting or more important?!?!
- Being part of something so natural; feeling connected to the countless women before and after me who have experienced what I am priveledged to be going through now.
- Feeling and seeing baby move inside of me.
- Wondering and dreaming about what he will be like and what kind of life I can provide for him.
- Eating (almost) anything I want and not feeling too guilty.
- Prenatal exercise and yoga classes!
- My massive library of pregnancy and childcare books (not to mention the pregnancy magazines to which I often treat myself). Current count: 24 books! Also, numerous weekly emails customized for where I am in pregnancy with information about babies development and all sorts of other info.
- Everyone’s amazing generosity, including the two biggest parties ever thrown in my honor.
- Maitri (my OBGYN group).
- Having a good excuse not to work!
- Taking the time to really be good to myself; to eat right, drink lots of water, exercise, sleep, nap, read, write, etc . . . (Hopefully I can keep some of these good habits going even after I have the baby!)
What I am not going to miss about being pregnant: