I can’t believe Nora is now a big 7 month old!
- Teeth—Her first tooth finally came through last week, followed a couple days later by another. They are sharp and she makes the funniest faces as she gets used to these new things in her mouth.
- Mimicking—this is the most exciting development for me. For the last week or so I have had a feeling that she is starting to mimic certain actions. For some reason this makes her seem like so much more of a little human to me. The first time I noticed this was when I was signing her “Twinkle, Twinkle” and making the motions for stars. She stared at her hands and seemed to be trying to open and close them like I was doing with mine. Now I also think that she is waving at people, and others seem to agree. This new “trick” get’s a lot of attention, though it is of course sporadic and often delayed.
- Eating—she is a definite eater now. She has regular meals (breakfast almost always, then lunch and/or dinner). She loves trying new things, feeding herself, and the whole experience. Going along with this:
- Messes—lots of them.
- Planning—I have to think of her when meal planning and grocery shopping now. For some reason this seems like a major milestone.
- Moving—she isn’t officially crawling (and I still think that is a ways off), but she moves. She rolls, turns, and scoots a bit. Often backwards. She sticks her butt in the air and scoots the tinniest bit at a time.
- Pincher/dexterity—she can pick up the tiny, tiniest little thing (which means I really have to watch out for little stones, etc…) and she almost always spoon feeds herself (ie I put the puree on a spoon, hand it to her or set it in front of her, and she puts it in her mouth).
- Library—I checked out the first book ever for Nora. Smile.
Always growing and changing!