Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Goodnight Song

lay your troubles at evening’s door
calm your mind and worry no more
the sun is sinking and the shadows are long
it’s just you and me singing our goodnight song

we did so much it was a busy day
tomorrow again we will laugh and play
but now the sun is sinking and the shadows are long
and it’s just you and me singing our goodnight song

all over the world children lay down their heads
on soft blankets in comfy beds
‘cause the sun is sinking and the shadows are long
it’s just you and me singing our goodnight song

calm those busy legs babe
they’ve got so far to go
but not tonight, babe
not tonight

still those flailing arms babe
they’ve got so much to do
but not tonight babe
not tonight

put a smile on those soft lips
they’ve got so much to say
but not tonight babe
not tonight

close those beautiful eyes
they’ve got so much to see
but not tonight babe
not tonight

you are loved I hope you always know
whatever you do, wherever you go
when the sun is sinking and the shadows are long
just think of you and me singing our goodnight song


(I've been singing this song to Joseph at bedtime for months. He likes it and sometimes sings along. However it doesn't make him go to sleep. Right now he is screaming, screaming, screaming . . .Also, I know I need to be a little more creative with my titles!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good song, Ruth. And I don't think the title is lacking.

RB

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers