Thursday, June 5, 2008

Random at 13 months

Joseph is really into mimicking me (well maybe not just me). He tries to:

  • brush his hair
  • talk on the phone
  • brush his teeth
  • put shoes on
  • put his bib on
  • take his clothes off
  • put hats on
  • drink out of things (real cups, water bottles, and my—empty—coffee mug)
  • use a spoon and fork
  • use the computer
  • read books

It is so cute and really fun to see him start to figure out his world. Sometimes he gets confused and does things like put the remote to his ear. I love trying to sit back and let him do his own thing and then try and figure out what he is thinking! It also makes me think about how I spend my time and what kind of an example I am. Some good and some not so good.

Also, yesterday I was talking to Jenn and gave Joseph the phone and he said hi!

AND—He is sleeping better! He has slept through the night about 4 or 5 times now. I never thought it would happen. Sometimes he even takes naps for more than 45 minutes. It is a whole new world. I maintain that this is very unfair. I think if your baby is a bad sleeper (like Joseph) you are much less likely to have another anytime soon. Also, if Jenn has a baby that sleeps through the night before 1 year I don't know what I am going to do with myself . . .

Dress up pics from a couple weeks ago (before he had his current gash on the forehead):

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, he wasn't any good at sleeping but he's pretty cute.

Thanks for writing, Ruth.

RB

Ruth said...

I guess I spoke to soon about the sleeping. Or I jinxed it. He got EVEN WORSE after I wrote this (maybe because he hates 90 degree weather as much as I do). For months he has gone to sleep just fine, even if he wouldn't stay asleep, so atleast I had a couple hours at night on which I could depend. Then all of sudden he wouldn't go to sleep. Like for hours . . . I think-hope-we are getting back on track now though . . .

Also, my family had 2 other responses to this post:

1) Selma thinks it is obvious that Jenn's baby is going to be one of the crazy ones who sleeps all the time and never cries. I agree. However, I think that this calm, quite little girl will get back at Jenn during the teen years. Joseph will of course be completely obedient by then.

2) Marcy thinks it a little wierd I am already be jealous of an unborn baby. Maybe she has a point. But spending hours a day for more than a year trying to get someone to sleep does crazy things to you.

JG said...

Haha, I'm so impressed that he mimics the way you put you're bib on! Tee-hee.
Very cute post...Travis and I just looked at the pics together and Travis was AMAZED at how different Joseph is! (He said "Wow, he must be walking all over the place now!"). Cute. However, we both agree that Joseph is starting to look a little girly...I think it's time for a haircut! Unless I'm having a boy, in which case you should keep Joseph's hair long...might as well start getting them into the civil union thing now.
Of course I am JOKING!
Love the sailor outfit!

JG said...

I barely ever get online anymore and STILL it's been too long since you've posted!
Shame, shame
:D

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers