Saturday, May 14, 2011

Candy Land Birthday Party!

 IMG_0003

Today was Joseph’s kids birthday party.  This is the second year I have done a theme and I really do have a bit too much fun with it ;-)  I went crazy with Candy Land (one of Joseph’s very favorite things).  This was most of the spread.

 IMG_0006

 IMG_0007

The kids made necklaces out of cereal.  Joseph loves projects like this and I was really surprised that all his guests also seemed to have fun with it (well ok the girls did outlast all the boys except for Joseph). 

 IMG_0011

I was also happily surprised that the kids didn't seem to have any problem waiting till after eating to hit the candy bar.  They all got a little bag and had fun filling it up.

 IMG_0012 IMG_0014 IMG_0015 IMG_0018

Next was the piñata.  No one got wacked.  Everyone took turns and stood in line.  And everyone got candy and games (little tiny tic-tac-toe games and packs of cards were my favorite finds).

 IMG_0019

Going in for the loot.

 IMG_0020 IMG_0021

My FAVORITE: The cake!  I have to say I am pretty proud of how this came out.  It is my first real cake project.  It did take hours and I stayed up way late, but it was totally worth it.

IMG_0025 IMG_0028 IMG_0031

Also love the hand decorated presents!

IMG_0032

Opening presents

 IMG_0033 IMG_0035 IMG_0037

And lots of playing

 IMG_0039

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

2 comments:

Michelle @ The Lazy Novice SAHM said...

I'm visiting from TT&J!

What an adorable theme! I love that cake, you did an awesome job!

JG said...

WOW Ruth, you're crazy! You are my IDOL! That cake is amazing... I can't believe you did all that! What a beautiful, awesome party! Looks like everyone had lots of fun... looks totally like it's straight out of a magazine! Good job :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers