Sunday, January 13, 2013

A month without a camera-November 2012

I am still thinking I might catch up on pictures someday.  Actually, when I sat down to go through November 2012 tonight I realized it wouldn’t take too long—in November I had no working camera except my cell phone!

WP_001485

We finished up gymnastics—which was very fun!  It is possible that we may not do gymnastics again, now that Joseph is old enough for team sports, but I sure will miss it!

WP_001494WP_001497WP_001504

Joseph also started the learn-to-skate program with the Middlebury Hockey program.  We did one session of this program last year, and he was very discouraged at first, though he ended up enjoying it.  I think he was nervous starting it again this year, but he was very happy to find out that he still remembered his basic skating skills.

WP_001507WP_001508

The first couple of times he raced around as fast as possible and crashed quite a lot, since he had no idea how to stop.  One week his back bothered him enough that he was motivated to improve his control and he improved a lot!  As of right now he is planning on playing on a team next year.  He really enjoyed it and I loved watching him challenge himself and get super sweaty!

WP_001510

One warm day Joseph and I hiked around Middlebury a bit.

WP_001518WP_001524

I also took him the the Mt. Abe production of the Wizard of Oz.  Joseph LOVED it.  I was extremely impressed with the quality of the production and had fun reminiscing about my time in the play (seventh grade).

WP_001535

One picture from a super fun Thanksgiving!  This was a morning after breakfast at Eileen’s house across the street from Nora’s cabin.

I’m sure a lot more happened in November, but who knows what! 

1 comment:

JG said...

WOW looks like some super warm winter weather! I need to move back to VT! ;)
Oooorrr... maybe you should move out here so Joseph can play some serious hockey! Haha
It's still so crazy to "watch" Joseph participate in the "big kid" things! Very cool!