Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life

There are a few changes afoot around here. For one, I have been working hard to take better care of myself. This includes a number of things, such as joining Weight Watchers! I joined in December, but wimped out, so I consider my real start date January. Since then I have lost 15 pounds. Hopefully I can keep that up (we will see-right now the Valentines cookies Joseph and I are making are giving me trouble . . . but, what's Valentines without cookies?). Brad continues to be super busy with work; usually12 (long, cold, psycho hard-working) hours a day, 6 days a week, SO sometimes I do need time to myself! I am trying to be a better friend to myself--even when I don't keep the house as nice as I would like it, have some trouble with my temperamental two-year-old, don't live up to my super-mom aspirations, who cares?

I also, finally, found a job that fits my schedule perfectly. I will be working two and half days a week at the
Addison County Parent/Child Center . This is a wonderful organization that I have supported and known of (to some extent) for a long time. My position is childcare provider and parent educator. Besides taking care of the children, we are also intended to act as educators and models for the young parents who work alongside us as part of their program to learn both parenting and job skills. The center has a very large staff and serves the community in many, many ways, including by conducting the weekly playgroups that Joseph and I attend. I know many people who have been and are well served by them. Hopefully this will be a good fit!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Congratulations! This is a great organization and you'll be a great addition. Good job on the weight, too =D

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers