Monday, December 20, 2010

Holy holidays!

I don't think I have ever done so many holiday activities, but we are really having fun this season.  Joseph is at a very good age for enjoying the festivities!

IMG_0050 IMG_0061 IMG_0063 IMG_0064

We went into Middlebury for their big holiday day, just as we did last year.  We visited the train exhibit and other exhibits and activities at the Henry Sheldon Museum (always our favorite), the gingerbread house competition at the Folk Life Center, a clown at the library, and of course Santa at the Community House (Santa is still pretty scary for J, hence the funny face).

 IMG_0075

After that we met up with Brad and Bob (granpa) to hunt for a Christmas tree in the Lincoln woods where I grew up.  This is the first year since Joseph was born that we have done this and I think we will make it a tradition.  We had a really wonderful time and went on quite a trek!

 IMG_0079 IMG_0080

Impossible to get everyone to look normal.

 IMG_0081 IMG_0082

So beautiful!

 IMG_0083 IMG_0085

And we eventually found a tree!  Quite a good one actually.

 IMG_0086 IMG_0097 IMG_0102 IMG_0108

Decorating.

 IMG_0111 IMG_0112 IMG_0114

We also met up with Bob for a Hanukah party in Middlebury.  Again, Joseph was able to enjoy this much more than other years.  He even one a long game of Dreddle and joined up for some Islreali folk dancing. This was very special for me since I adore dancing!

 IMG_0117 IMG_0119

Another very favorite part of the season for us is crafting!  I made the wreath and the Joseph and I made the garland.  I even let J use a real needle.  He worked very hard at it, but I realized that we wouldn't be making enough for the tree and put it on the wreath instead.  I love it!

 IMG_0120 IMG_0128

Enjoying the snow and stacking wood.

IMG_0158IMG_0207

Since we now have three kitties there have been numerous ornament casualties.  J and I have been working on making unbreakable ornaments,. 

 IMG_0184  IMG_0248

IMG_0224 IMG_0239

Gingerbread houses are Joseph’s very favorite passion right now.  Above he is “posing” with the one he made at school.  I thought it was pretty neat that they actually made the structure themselves.  The day that they were to decorate Joseph was so excited he woke up at four in the morning!

  IMG_0262 IMG_0264

IMG_0003 IMG_0004

This weekend we went with Grandma to NY to make gingerbread houses and cookies with cousins Bri and Jacob.  Joseph had been dreaming about making his house all week and spent  a LONG time on his masterpiece.  I could not believe how he lined up all those tiny candies.

IMG_0268 IMG_0272 IMG_0275 IMG_0278 IMG_0279

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those woods looki good in your photographs; and so does your wreath. Thanks.

RB

JG said...

Goodness, the woods look SO beautiful!
Last night I had a dream that I lived in VT and was cantering Ginger (Tigerlily's last foal) on "the Loop!" You're lucky to be able to frequent your childhood haunts.
And I love the homemade ornaments!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers