Friday, May 21, 2010

The parenting quote I have on the fridge

Today I had a bad parenting day.  By that I mean, the kind of day where I did not feel like I have been or am the parent I want to be.  Meaning mostly, Joseph was CHALLENGING.  Errr.  Meaning I felt like matching his tantrums with one of my own.  Show him how it’s really done. JUST KIDDING.  Everyone survived, no major harm, he’s been sleeping for hours, and I will be soon.  As I was getting ready for bed I was thinking back on the day, with some perspective and remembering one of my favorite quotes.  It is on my fridge and it helps get me through days like this:

“The most important thing she had learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a great one.”  (Mother’s Day card I bought for myself while working at the Vermont Book Shop.  Love it.)

1 comment:

JG said...

Oooh that's a great quote! I totally sympathize...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers