Friday, August 6, 2010

Swim lessons!

IMG_0063IMG_0062  IMG_0064Joseph just finished two weeks of swim lessons.  For some reason this was not only very enjoyable for both of us, but also felt like a sort of “milestone.”  It is the first “class” Joseph has ever attended and he actually did it all on his own.  I showed up the first day with my swimsuit on thinking that parents would be in the water, but apparently by this age they prefer us on the other side of the fence.  Of course this makes perfect sense and it worked out great.  Joseph was the first one in the water and very well behaved.  He spent each 1/2 hour lesson honestly trying the tasks they presented.  As I have often mention (vented) J can be challenging at times, but it seems that when he can focus all that energy it actually serves him very well.  He did a wonderful job at lessons and it was really fun to see.  Plus, the days that I went (Sarah, his daycare teacher brought him the days I work) I got to just hang with my mommy friends in the sun! 

 IMG_0065 IMG_0066

They even went off the diving board! 

IMG_0068  

 

 

 

 

 IMG_0067IMG_0069

Joseph and Jacob (a boy from his school) bonded during the lessons and really enjoyed chasing each other.

IMG_0070 IMG_0071

They also had TONS of fun squirting with the noodles (what an important swimming skill!).  Here Joseph squirts all the lifeguards watching.

  IMG_0073

Who then encouraged Joseph to turn it on Steele (his swimming buddy).

IMG_0074 IMG_0075  IMG_0061

I mostly signed Joseph up for swim lessons because it was something I LOVED as a child and I wanted to see how he would do with an organized activity.  Plus I liked the idea of getting him in the water everyday—it seems like we swim a lot less then most of our friends since we do not have a pool or live on the lake.  Anyways, it was a great experience.  Watch out Preschool Level 3—here we come!

1 comment:

JG said...

I've told you that I can't believe he was in swim lessons...that seems like such a big boy thing to do! He looks so comfortable around the pool...perhaps he'll love swimming as much as you did? Just maybe?!
Oh-I can't say that I ever learned noodle-squirting at my swimming lessons. Maybe I should go back.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers