Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weeks 20 & 21

WP_001929
(AHHH!  Huge!!  What happened?!)

How big is baby? The size of a pomegranate.

Appointment Updates: Haven’t had any.

Best Moment of the week: ? So hard to remember. Lots of good moments, some bad. We had some great spring weather, then some dreary. J’s been having a harder time behaving lately—some sort of touchpoint I think. Some frustrating crap at work. But, every day people ask when I am due, which I just love. It means that I don’t just look fat I look pregnant!!! And I get to talk about all things pregnancy which is fun. Also I now know or know of 8 people in Shoreham who are pregnant which is a HUGE baby boom for our little town!

Sleep: Sleeping well.

Food aversions: Nope. I am back to my normal love of food.

Food cravings: I love all food ;-) I am working hard to up my water intake as well.ehhh

Symptoms:  Tummy getting big! Some round ligament pain just before its time to wake up. Bacne. But all in all doing pretty well!

Maternity clothes: Love ‘em.

Weight: Up 12 pounds. I am being more careful though and seem to have slowed my gain a bit, which makes me happy. It is hard and annoying though to have to be worrying about my weight. I don’t think there is any way I am going to stay under 20 pounds as the new doctor advised. However, I do think I am going to be way under the 60 I gained last time! Of course this time I started out about 15 pounds heavier. Boo. Oh well.

Mommy movement: I have really been putting more of emphasis on getting some exercise this time. I feel like this will be of great benefit to me during pregnancy, labor, and recovery. But it is still so hard to fit in! Especially with my ever changing work schedule. I mostly go for walks, sometimes to a prenatal workout video, and aim for 4 times a week. Plus my work is semi-active so that is good, though I can already tell I don’t move as fast or run around as much as I did before.

Baby movement: I feel SO MUCH movement. If I stop and pay attention I almost always feel the baby. It’s kicking away right now.  You can also now feel the baby from the outside. I love knowing that it is getting stronger and bigger!

Gender: Big ?

What I miss: The same—not worrying about everything.

What I am looking forward to: Healthy baby!

Next appointment: End of April.

4 comments:

JG said...

SO CUUUUUTTTEEEE!!!! Time to schedule some professional pregnancy pics??!!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! You're good at it, thanks.

RB

Nikki said...

I just came by from Henri's Happenings.:) I love reading about others pregnancies. We are expecting a baby in about seven weeks.

Meredith said...

You look fabulous! Glad you're able to enjoy food once again. I think it's moderation in all things, and it's OK to just enjoy some indulgences once in a while (and by that I mean every single day). I hope your little guy is just working out his anxiety now so it will be a smooth transition come August.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers