Wednesday, October 9, 2013

First day home

It makes me so sentimental looking at these pictures and thinking of our first days home… so that is why I have been posting a million pictures a little at a time.  Sorry everyone!

WP_002939

Brad, Nora, and I arrived home Monday evening and grandpa Bernie and Joseph pulled in right behind us after a long, fun day at the Champlain Valley Fair!

WP_002940

So sweet.

WP_002941

Out of focus, but here is Nora her first morning home.

IMG_1255

Then Joseph got to open presents!  I had a bag of goodies all set for Joseph that I meant to bring to the hospital, but I was in such a rush when we actually left that I didn’t bring them.  Anyways, Joseph got to open all his big brother gifts our first morning home instead which worked out just fine.   

IMG_1254IMG_1256IMG_1257

Big brother shirt!  I went totally overboard on these gifts, but I was very conflicted about the whole new sibling thing…it’s scary changing your first-born’s life so drastically!  I bought him way more stuff for this event then I have for any birthday or Christmas.

IMG_1258IMG_1259

Bob came over to visit and help out.  He did TONS of cleaning which was such a help!

IMG_1260

IMG_1261

Too much going on to care about makeup…yikes!

IMG_1262

But she still looks GORGEOUS!!

IMG_1263IMG_1264

Awwww…

IMG_1265IMG_1266

In the afternoon Joseph’s friends Cole and Alyssa came over for a visit.  Then they took Joseph for a playdate.

IMG_1267IMG_1268IMG_1269

They were so excited to hold Nora!  It was super sweet—their mom, Courtney, actually took them all to TJ Maxx where they picked out some gifts for Nora.  They then played at Cole and Alyssa’s house and Courtney cooked us an awesome meal.  Later that evening their cousin Tanner and his mom and sister took Joseph to the school ice cream social.  It means so much to me to have such awesome friends helping out! 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers