I highly value people and blogs that don’t sugar coat everything.
After Nora was born their was definitely a honeymoon-new-baby-high period where we felt like we could do anything…now we are settling into life as a family of four and it still has it’s awesome amazing moments, but also some challenges. I can handle it pretty well, until something unexpected goes wrong and throws everything off.
Some of the unexpected events that have thrown me off my rails lately;
- hives (mine), because apparently I am really allergic to fleas
- car problems which involved over two hours with two kids on the side of the road before abandoning the car for the night
- dryer biting the dust and spewing sparks
- having to drive to Maine and back, by myself with the two kids
- other annoyances—hospital bills, six-year-old attitude, rejoining the ranks of the uninsured, Nora’s numerous poop blowouts a day, a TV we still haven’t gotten working since we moved, professional pics that I should have had a MONTH ago and still have not received, and you know, taking care of a infant—even a pretty laid back one—is draining!
But, the fleas are gone, the hives going away, the car fixed, a new dryer installed, and the trip to Maine was actually fun! Of course many annoyances remain. That’s life! We have a million blessings and I am working on keeping all those in mind. But, sometimes it feels good to whine a bit.