Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Last days in the old house; first day in the new one!

IMG_1279

Neighbor Alice meeting Nora for the first time-her, her husband Bruce, and their grandkids played a big part in keeping Joseph and I entertained during the last weeks of my pregnancy.  They have a pool, four-wheelers, a go-cart, a basketball net…basically all Joseph’s favorite things.  Oh an of course a beautiful house and awesome snacks!  They were so kind to have us over lots.

WP_002944

Cute and cuddly in her Rock ‘n’ Play (thanks Genevieve!!)

IMG_1280

Sleeping on her changing table.

IMG_1282

Smiling in her sleep

IMG_1287

Riding the bus home for the first time on Friday, our last day in the old house

IMG_1288

Watching some TV

IMG_1289WP_002947

On Thursday one of the nurses from my stay at the birthing center at Porter came to look at our house.  She and her husband decided they liked the house and Brad decided to rent it to them.  On Friday I whipped up a lease and Friday night they came over and signed it.  On Saturday, when Nora was not even 7 days old, we moved.  It was pretty crazy so not many pictures were taken, but here is Joseph setting up his new room.

WP_002949

My typical view.  Which I maintained for the move.  I was definitely not in any shape to pack or move boxes, so Brad moved most things by himself.  My dad came over and helped a bit and then came over a number of times after the big move to help me finish up the little things.

WP_002951

Napping in the new house!  Gross belly button and peeling skin, but still adorable.

WP_002952WP_002957

My view again.

WP_002960

I guess I did help a little!  This is me driving between the two houses with Nora on my lap.  That is something I definitely would never have done with Joseph!  (It’s not a real road btw.)

IMG_1292

Passed out on her changing table

IMG_1296

And Brad and Joseph getting ready for our first night in our new house!

IMG_1299IMG_1309

1 comment:

JG said...

Love all the pictures! Oh my goodness you are so spoiled.... all your baby does is sleep! ;)
Love the pic of Joseph coming from the bus (looks like a beautiful day!) and all the sweet baby pics (Ugh, baby belly buttons are always so weird looking!!). She is precious! What are you wearing her in? A sling? Love the pic of her on your lap while driving... I've done that a few times with Kaia between the house and garage. ;) I can't wait to see more pics of your new place! (Hint, hint, hint!)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers