Monday, October 25, 2010

Looking back on my “summer fun to do” list and thinking about fall fun

We had a pretty awesome summer.  The weather was AMAZING in every sense.  It really could not have been a better VT summer.  We were so thoroughly spoiled that I have even enjoyed some of these cold grey fall days.  I certainly did not accomplish everything on my list, but it shows me that we really did A LOT. 

Here is what we checked off:

  • camp at Branbury State Park (4 nights and LOVED it!!!)
  • July 4th parade and festivities
  • family parties—including Nora’s 85th
  • SWIM SWIM SWIM (lake, river, pool, pond; anywhere and everywhere; as much as possible)
  • swim lessons for J
  • new, healthy foods
  • ECHO Museum
  • pick strawberries, raspberries, and blue berries
  • BEACH!!!!! (I wrote this at the beach actually ;-)
  • put food by—freeze and can fruit and veggies
  • veggie garden
  • ORGANIZE HOUSE!!
  • donate lots ’o stuff
  • hike
  • Addison County Field Days
  • festival-on-the-green
  • see a free play at the library: we saw “The Jungle Book”  and Mr. Energy sat entranced for the entire hour ;-)
  • itsy-bitsy yoga
  • boat ride
  • Selma visit
  • crafty projects
  • less TV (which means ending my habit of turning the TV on for J while I take my shower . . . yikes)
  • hang out with J and friends at his school
  • figure out fall plan for work
  • see live music with J
  • stay home and do “nothing”
  • girls night out
  • craft nights with my crafty ladies
  • catch up with old friends
  • PROJECTS with J: crafts, learning, nature . . .
  • read lots with J, and visit the library every week

    And here is what I did not get to, plus some new fall ideas:

  • Rokeby visit
  • bake bread
  • a class for me? sewing?
  • make a book with J
  • make something out of wood   
  • read my own books
  • Shelburne Museum
  • Shelburne Farms
  • invite more people over here
  • visit state parks and historic sites
  • plant some flowers
  • start a quilt
  • ride a horse
  • corn maze
  • trick or treating
  • more crafts with J!
  • more of my own crafts! 
  • apple picking
  • pumpkin painting
  • make apples stuff to freeze or can: apple sauce, apple butter, maybe apple pie filling??
  • get back on weight watcher’s
  • get a calf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Yup, if you read this far congrats and this is my current big excitement: we are going to get a calf next weekend!  So excited!)
  • work on getting health insurance
  • think about my career next steps
  • clean, organize, beautify the house!!  (including getting rid of as much unnecessary stuff as possible)  What I am actually doing is trying to go through the house one room at a time cleaning and organize all of it.  Here is that list: kitchen, living room, stairs, laundry/utility room, J room, us room, car, garage storage, stuff still at Bob’s house.  I wonder how many years it will take me to cross them all off?
  • lots of family time!
  • keep working on the healthy cooking goals
  • get more photos printed and do something with all the old ones and all J’s accumulating art projects from the past . . .
  • work on getting a list of all important dates (bdays, etc) and system for staying on top of them
  • explore in the woods around our house
  • cut the electricity bill
  • get outside, walk, hike, exercise . . .
  • dig down and discover more energy . . . become an organized person . . . and keep dreaming!

    And these will have to wait for next summer:

  • go to a baseball game 
  • try fishing
  • Echo lake?
  • more camping

  • No comments:

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers